My Favorite Beauty Products
I don’t know what’s going on – I have to say LOL. This whole quarantine thing is a lot to take. Mostly I feel optimistic and hopeful but I sure have my moments. Some days I feel content to give myself a little grace for not being more productive and other days I’m getting things done that have been on my to-do list FOR AGES. Some days I want to be informed and others I want to stick my head in the sand. Honestly, we are all doing just fine in my house. We’re truly fine. Most of what I feel is compassion for others. Sooo, probably much like you, I am all over the place all over the time! There you go.
ANYWAY…Sephora is having a big sale so, I thought I’d do a round-up of all the beauty products I’m using and crushing on right now. Although not all of these products are from Sephora, a lot of them are. I’m a tiny bit of a product junkie; I looooove a good beauty product. I have a few tried and true products – things I’ve been using for years, but I am always up for adding new things in the mix. I personally own each one of these products and highly recommend each. You can shop all of these products at the bottom of this post. Enjoy!
- My hairstylist gave me the MoroccanOil shampoo and conditioner for volume and I. am. hooked! They smell so good and definitely give me volume.
- I’m a Kerastase girl. Once upon a time, I was the Business Manager for a big, luxurious salon in Atlanta. That’s where I was first introduced to Kerastase. It’s my favorite and I always have it on-hand. I don’t put a whole lot of product in my hair but I love this one!
- If you’ve been around for any length of time, you know I swear by Oribe Dry. If I had to live with just one (okay 2) hair products, it’d be this one (and some dry shampoo). This product is a texturizing spray. It gives your strands texture, literally. I have very fine hair and it doesn’t hold much at all. If you can relate, this is the product for you. It holds my curls for days. Worth every penny. I’ve been using it for about 10 years.
- I’ve only recently discovered this Ouai spray. As mentioned, I have fine hair so I’m always looking for things that add volume. This’ll do the trick AND it smells like a dream.
- Do you have several shampoos and conditioners in your shower? I typically have too many. I could be making this up but I feel like my hair responds better when I switch it up. Someone recommended that I try this shampoo and conditioner from Target and I have been so pleased. The shampoo lathers really well and the mask is WONDERFUL. I also use this Purifying Miceller Shampoo also from Kristin Ess
- I have tried so many dry shampoos. I usually have a Rene Furterer on hand and then an inexpensive alternative. I really like this Dove option because it works, it’s cheap and you can get it anywhere – a win-win-win.
- I’m no spring chicken so I’ve owned a hairdryer or two over the years. This one is, hands-down, my favorite. About 10 years ago when I worked in a salon, I had a professional dryer and it was badass but it was really heavy. The Dry Bar Buttercup is not heavy and it dries my hair so quickly – and I have long hair! This has been a dream.
- This is the flat iron I use. Not only is it pretty, it has varying temperatures, is easy to use and works really well. It’s the T3 Single Pass.
- I use these clips every time I flat iron or curl my hair. I like them because they don’t make dents in my hair like the old timey claw clips.
- Ok, last hair item…Have you tried these? I feel like these are the same bracelets we used to wear in the 80’s or 90’s reincarnated as a hair tie. But whatever, I love it. It feels a lot gentler on my hair than an elastic tie. They come in several colors too!
- I wear this CC Cream whenever for photoshoots and any time I need maximum coverage. It works!
- This Tarte product is called primer but I use it as foundation #notabeautyblogger I love it because it’s not as heavy as the CC Cream, it goes on super smooth and it covers so, so well. On days when I’m wearing little makeup, I use this Revision tinted moisturizer
- Oooh, this is a good one. I’m partial to a lip stain because I’m just not one of those girls who reapplies lipstick all day. So, when I find a good stain, I’m a loyal fan. And this is a great lip stain. It stays put, isn’t drying AND it’s fairly inexpensive.
- My all-time favorite eye palette. It’s perfect for dressing up or every day. I LOVE this one and hope they never discontinue it.
- I started using this about 8 months ago and I really like it. I find it makes the perfect primer. It’s called “blurring” primer and it really does blur everything out. I have no idea how it works but it does! I wear it on top of my moisturizer and under my foundation.
- A while ago I stopped putting tanner on my face because the gal that does my facials informed me I was basically working against her by using it. But I really like having some sunshine (even if it’s faux) on my face. Drunk Elephant makes “clean” products and these are called Sunshine Drops. I mix a couple of drops in with my moisturizer and it provides just the right amount of color to my face and neck.
- Lip Sleeping Mask – doesn’t that just sound divine? I get dry lips often and this keeps that at bay. I use it day and night.
- Neulash is something I’ve been using for about a year (maybe longer) on my lashes. I put it on at night and I notice a BIG difference in my lashes. I am a lash girl 100% but I am allergic to the glue used with lash extensions (so rude!) so I have to use other ways to get long lashes.
- Ok, I fully admit that I feel like I have no idea what I’m doing with my eyebrows so I had them micro-bladed. And I really enjoy not having to think too hard about doing my eyebrows regularly. BUT, they do need a tiny bit of touch up each day where the micro-blade has faded or didn’t take as well. This Anastasia Brow Wiz is what I use to fill in anything necessary. I love this product – it’s super smooth and is available in many different colors so you can get the right shade for your hair and complexion.
- Shape Tape…Is there anyone left that doesn’t know about Shape Tape? I have tried so. many. (SO MANY) concealers over the years and THIS is the winner. If you’re looking for something for under your eyes – give this a try. It’s wonderful.
- Ok y’all, I’ve been using Olay Moisturizer on my face daily since I was 17. Not gonna do any math right here but I’ve been using it for a long, long time. In fact, when I was in college, I used to make SURE I had the $4-$5 to buy it. It was as important as Taco Bell and Fazoli’s breadsticks. I use the night cream because it’s a little heavier and I have dry skin and I usually do only use it at night (unless I’m feeling oily and then I’ll use it morning and night). I love it. It works for me. It’s absolutely the perfect moisturizer for long term use and I wholeheartedly believe it has kept my skin in great shape for many years.
- OH my goodness – this is one of my favorite discoveries of 2019 (doesn’t take much!). One of my closest friends, Tammi, used this Confidence in a Cream on my face when she did my makeup for a photoshoot and I. was. hooked. Like HOOKED. It smells good, it feels good and makes the perfect base for my makeup. I use it in the morning.
- Mascara! If I had to live with just one makeup product, it’d be mascara. And I have tried at least 700 of them, I’m pretty sure. I typically come back to one of my drugstore faves every time. I am digging this L’Oreal Voluminous Lash Paradise. I like the brush (I prefer a thicker brush) and how it goes on, not clumpy. Another one I really love is this one from Tarte.
- Tanners! I love both of these but if you’re into natural ingredients, then Loving Tan will be your jam. Both go on so easily with a similar mitt. It’s super easy to get an even tan. St. Tropez is a fan favorite. It’s been around for quite some time and has a reputation for being one of the best tanning products.
- If you love the smell of their shampoo, you’ll love this hand creme. It smells soooo good – I just love it!
- I’ve heard of dry brushing for years but had yet to try it. It wasn’t until I was on a cruise last summer and the lady who gave me a massage went on and on about the benefits of dry brushing that I bought my first dry brush. From stimulating the lymphatic system to increasing circulation and eliminating toxins, there are seemingly a host of benefits associated with dry brushing (I am not a doctor). I just think it feels good and I like to do a little dry brushing sesh before I jump in the shower.
- Brazilian Bum Bum Cream ?Y’all, I LOVE this product. It is so smooth and smells so darn good. Every time I use it, Bryan says “is that your hair? What smells so good?” I’m tellin’ ya, you’ll love this one too.
- Alright, here’s the truth – I’m a sweat-er. I sweat. I’m not one of those girls who can run to the store after a workout. In fact, I can’t go anywhere after a workout, except to my shower. SO, finding a natural deodorant that could keep up was tough. But I’m happy to report, I did it. It took years, but this is the one. And I love recommending it because I KNOW it works. Lavanila Sport Luxe
Shop the Post
Do you use any of these products? If you shop the Sephora sale, let me know what I need to try ?